One of the elements to becoming booked solid is considering who knows what you know. As a professional service provider, it is essential to consider the importance of building credibility in your area of expertise. While your potential clients need to know what you know, so do your marketing and referral partners.
So, what would you like to become known for? If you can identify and focus on the one thing you most want to be known for, then your target market will be clear in regards to your area of expertise. So, let’s consider the following questions.
- In what areas are you currently an expert?
- In what areas do you need to develop your expertise?
- What promises can you presently make and deliver on that position you as an expert?
- What promises would you like to make and deliver to your target market but don’t yet feel comfortable with?
- What do you need to do to become comfortable at making and delivering these promises?
Now, with the answers to these questions in mind, what is that one thing you’d like to be known for amongst those in your target market?
What do you need to learn to become an expert in that area?
List the options for learning it.
If you’re already very knowledgeable in your field, what steps can you take to stay current on the latest information in order to remain booked solid?
Excerpted from Book Yourself Solid® by Michael Port.